This lecture by Dr. Carrie Maffeo occured on Monday, August 30th
Required reading: Handbook of Non-Prescription Drugs Chapters 1 & 2.
- Define self care and health promotion and identify components of each.
- Explain the role of self care and health promotion from both a pharmacist and patient perspective.
- Identify challenges when providing patient education.
- List the key components of providing self care and health promotion recommendations for patients.
- Describe and explain the process and each component of providing effective self care recommendations for patients or caregivers.
- Describe the responsibility of the pharmacist to the public as an educator for the safe and effective practice of self-care and self-medication.
- Identify patient age groups that may experience a higher incidence of drug therapy problems.
- Define the following pediatric age groups: premature, neonate, infant, toddler, early childhood, and adolescence.